I needed the Oracle SQLPlus client. Here are the steps to get it running:
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/index.html. There you find a link named Database Instant Client. Follow that link and choose x86 or x86-64. Download the following 3 packages: basic, sqlplus, devel.
- The install these packages with alien:
sudo alien -i oracle-*sqlplus*.rpm sudo alien -i oracle-*basic*.rpm sudo alien -i oracle-*devel*.rpm
- Then create a file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle.conf with the content
and reload the dynamic linker with sudo ldconfig.
- NOTICE: Make sure to use the wright folder! I just used mine.
- Also create a file /etc/profile.d/oracle.sh in your profile to set ORACLE_HOME. Here the content of the file (don’t forget to make it executable with chmod +x after creating it):
#!/bin/bash export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64
- NOTICE: Make sure you use the correct folder here. I just used mine here.
- Then create a link to the includes in your ORACLE_HOME:
sudo ln -s /usr/include/oracle/11.2/client64 /usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/include
- NOTICE: Also make sure to use the wright paths here!
- After all that you should be able to connect to a database with